25 Sept 2013

Blessings.

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."  Charles Dickens


In this life I meet two kinds of people: those whose cup is half full and those whose cup is half empty.

I have a life restricted by responsibilities that are not of my making: other people’s choices have meant that my life is more difficult and complicated than it needs to be.  My normal, every-day life has to pivot around those responsibilities, ensuring that very little is ever straight forward or simple.  This can make life challenging and stressful.

However, I refuse to be beaten into emotional submission.  I chose to take life by its horns and enjoy the ride.  I chose to accept that whilst I have bleak areas and memories that I wish would disappear, I also have blessings in abundance.  I have a roof over my head, warm clothes and food on the table.  I am not afraid of the people that share my home.  There are people that do not share those blessings and I know full well how much they would love to have them.

Most importantly, I have family and friends that I love and that love me, despite my eccentricities and foibles.  I will never underestimate the value of their love … it is more priceless than all the gold or diamonds on this planet.


I chose to believe that my cup is half full.  I chose to count my blessings, not the negative elements in my life … how about you? What do you chose?


No comments:

Post a Comment